Blues Harmonica with corrosion-free stainless steel reeds, ergonomic covers and plastic comb.
The SESSION STEEL is the upgrade to our successful SESSION model is presented with a bold new look and superior
technical reliability, excellent playability and a fantastic sound.
• ergonomic coverplates made of stainless steel, completely rounded at the mouthpiece
• ABS comb with recessed German Silver reedplates
• rivets and screws made of stainless steel
• lips and beard-friendly design
• minimal air consumption achieved by fine-cut reedplates, optimized flatness and extremely
small tolerances between reed and reedplate
• stainless steel reeds provide the best clear and full sound and response of the 1847 models
• an up to 5 times longer playing life compared to models with brass reeds
• with convenient genuine leather pouch
The new Summer Edition is now available. Keys: G, A, Bb, C, D, F with a stunning BLUE colored comb.
The SESSION STEEL - Sounds stronger- lives longer
Quantity discounts available.
Valving takes a couple weeks.
By placing a valve over the opposite reed slot we are trying to manipulate we can do additional blow and draw bends. For instance, by putting a valve over the 6th hole draw reed slot we can now blow bend hole 6 to get the major 7th. Likewise, if we place a valve over the 7th hole blow reed slot we can now draw bend hole 7.
The end result is the same as learning over blows except that this is a technique that most diatonic harmonica players already possess. The term half valving refers to the fact that we put a valve over the first 6 draw reed slots and the last four blow reed slots. That totals 10 valves out of a possible 20, or half. While some of the valves produce a half step bend that is already on the harmonica, (i.e. 4th hole blow bend is the same as 3 draw) the ability to shade or round off every note on the diatonic gives the instrument increased emotional content.
Product Code: 10301